In this issue several articles touch on the theme of the Lord's protection. At the end of Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna summarizes His teachings by saying, "Surrender unto Me." Surrender consists of six main items, the great spiritual master Rupa Gosvami has written, one of which is to have firm faith that Krsna will protect those who seek His shelter.
Krsna's instructions are one form of His protection. As Srila Prabhupada explains in his lead-off lecture, only Krsna can give us perfect knowledge, affording us the ultimate protection: liberation from material existence.
Krsna sometimes descends to protect His devotees from physical harm. His most notable incarnation for that purpose is Lord Nrsimhadeva. In this issue we hear about a unique holy site dedicated to Him. Satyaraja Dasa's biography "Draupadi: Emblem of Surrender" tells how Krsna cleverly protected the chastity of the wife of the mighty Pandavas. And we hear from Satsvarupa Dasa Goswami how "Krsna Protects Our Bhakti" bhakti being the "It" in Urmila Devi Dasi's "You Can Take It With You."
May we all become inspired to increase our surrender to the Lord by always seeking His protection.
(Nagaraja Dasa, Editor)
• To help all people discern reality from illusion, spirit from matter, the eternal from the temporary.
• To expose the faults of materialism.
• To offer guidance in the Vedic techniques of spiritual life.
• To preserve and spread the Vedic culture.
• To celebrate the chanting of the holy names of God as taught by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
• To help every living being remember and serve Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead.