In This Issue, Damodara Dasa, one of the first disciples of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, remembers with fondness Prabhupada's pioneer days in New York City. As one of only a handful of followers, Damodara witnessed Srila Prabhupada up close and gained a devotion to him that brought meaning to his life and sustains him today.
As a great spiritual teacher, Srila Prabhupada transformed lives by inspiring people to pursue spiritual goals. He lived what he taught, and he made the timeless wisdom of the Vedic literature accessible to the modern world. In his lecture in this issue, "The Power of Krsna's Name," we see how he homes in on the essential problem of our existence and offers the simplest yet most profound solution.
On the basis of Vedic authority, Srila Prabhupada promoted the chanting of Hare Krsna as the solution to all problems, material and spiritual. Chanting forms the essence of the daily spiritual program Prabhupada prescribed, and in Satsvarupa Dasa Goswami's "Holding Fast in Times of Stress," we hear how sticking to that program can get us through the most trying of times.
(Nagaraja Dasa, Editor)
• To help all people discern reality from illusion, spirit from matter, the eternal from the temporary.
• To expose the faults of materialism.
• To offer guidance in the Vedic techniques of spiritual life.
• To preserve and spread the Vedic culture.
• To celebrate the chanting of the holy names of God as taught by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
• To help every living being remember and serve Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead.