Do you ever find yourself wanting to see God, just to assure yourself He exists? We at Back to Godhead want to help you see God. That may sound presumptuous, but consider that God, being omnipotent, can appear in ways we might not expect. We simply have to qualify ourselves to see Him.
Bhagavad-gita, the foundation of India's spiritual culture for thousands of years, tells us that God repeatedly comes to this world to promote religion and favor His devotees. In this issue we hear how the Lord appeared thousands of years ago to a determined young prince. We read about an episode that took place during the Lord's appearance five hundred years ago as Caitanya Mahaprabhu. And we learn about a wonderful form of the Lord present on earth right now the Deity known as Lord Jagannatha. Like thousands of other Deities worshiped around the world, He is available for all to see.
You might not at once accept that the Deity is God Himself. But there's more to seeing than reflected light and optic nerves. May Back to Godhead help you develop the purified vision to see God as He reveals Himself.
• To help all people discern reality from illusion, spirit from matter, the eternal from the temporary.
• To expose the faults of materialism.
• To offer guidance in the Vedic techniques of spiritual life.
• To preserve and spread the Vedic culture.
• To celebrate the chanting of the holy names of God as taught by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
• To help every living being remember and serve Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead.