HERE'S A Krsna conscious project you might like to support or get involved in.
Villa Vrindavana, Florence, Italy
Krsna Prema Dasa (musician, audio engineer) and his wife, Nitya-trpta Devi Dasi (photographer, visual programmer)
To attract people to Krsna consciousness through audiovisual technology.
In 1985, Krsna Prema and Nitya-trpta decided to combine their talents in Krsna's service. He had been a professional musician for twenty years before coming to the Krsna consciousness movement in 1979. She had been a photographer for the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust for ten years. They started Krishna Vision to present Krsna consciousness through music and sophisticated slide projection. ISKCON Italy got them started with a studio, a sound system, and nine computer-run slide projectors.
From 1985 to 1988 Krsna Prema and Nitya-trpta did research, put together programs, and put on shows throughout Italy. Krishna Vision started traveling in 1989 to India for the Kumbha Mela and ISKCON's Mayapur/Vrndavana festival. Since then they've been invited all over the world to present Krishna Vision programs, which can be shown alone or in conjunction with other Krsna conscious presentations, such as plays, dances, and lectures.
Krsna Prema and Nitya-trpta continue their research on audiovisual technology to enhance the quality of the sounds and images of their shows. They use computer-generated graphics and computer-enhanced images. A new development: using projected images as backdrops to Krsna Prema's live musical performances.
Here's a list of Krishna Vision shows:
1. Prabhupada's ISKCON (22 minutes)
2. Kumbha Mela, the Search for Immortality (21 minutes)
3. Sri Tulasi Kirtana (10 minutes)
4. Bhajahu Re Mana (14 minutes)
5. Siksastakam (13 minutes)
6. Remembering Srila Prabhupada (23 minutes)
7. Krishna, the All-Attractive (#1) (26 minutes)
8. Krishna, the All-Attractive (#2) (18 minutes)
9. Lecture Introduction (13 minutes)
10. Reincarnation (17 minutes)
11. Beyond Birth and Death (16 minutes)
12. Gauranga Bhajan Band European Tours (16 minutes)
Krsna Prema and Nitya-trpta plan to get a set of nine projectors for India so that each year Krishna Vision can spend a few months traveling there. They've found that their high-technology presentation has great potential for inspiring Krsna consciousness in India.
They sometimes need more money to maintain or buy equipment.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Send money for equipment to be used in India ($13,000 needed).
• Buy Krishna Vision audio cassettes.
• Invite Krishna Vision to your area and pay their travel expenses.
For more information, contact:
Via Scopeti 106
San Casciano V.P. (Fi) 50026