History Of Back To Godhead
BACK TO GODHEAD magazine first appeared in India in 1944, a small black and white publication on spirituality and the real purpose of life. Despite lack of funds and facilities, Vaishnava saint and eminent scholar A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada continued to produce it — he felt it contained a message the world needed to hear.
Back to Godhead, color magazine, covers all aspects of the philosophy and practice of Krishna consciousness as taught by Sri Krishna and later introduced to the western world by Srila Prabhupada. Some recurring features include lectures by Srila Prabhupada, tours of Indian holy places, interviews with Hare Krishna devotees. Krishna conscious perspectives on issues of the day, excerpts from Vedic scriptures, and tips on practicing spiritual life in the modern age.
Purpose of Back To Godhead
- To help all people discern reality from illusion, spirit from matter, the eternal from the temporary.
- To expose the faults of materialism.
- To offer guidance in the Vedic techniques of spiritual life.
- To preserve and spread the Vedic culture.
- To celebrate the chanting of the holy names of God as taught by Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
- To help every living being remember and serve Shri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.