Articles under the heading "How I Came to Krsna Consciousness" have long been popular with readers of Back to Godhead. Not surprising, since we're all persons eternally. People like to hear about people.
Back to Godhead focuses on the philosophy of Krsna consciousness, but it also tells about the people who put the philosophy into practice. In this issue, three articles give a glimpse into the lives of Krsna devotees past and present. Our cover story tells about the lives of six members of the Hare Krsna community in Dallas, Texas. Their pasts are as varied as the services they perform for Lord Krsna today. You'll also read about Rasikananda Prabhu, from the sixteenth century. And in "A Storybook Ending," a devotee describes his coming to Krsna consciousness and then tells of the passing of his mother an event that forged a spiritual bond between mother and son and brought them both closer to God.
May these stories help form or strengthen a sense of kinship between you and these souls, who have accepted Krsna as the Supreme Lord and have dedicated their lives to His service.
If you're new to Back to Godhead, I suggest the Glossary on page 53 as a good place to start.
(Nagaraja Dasa, Editor)
• To help all people discern reality from illusion, spirit from matter, the eternal from the temporary.
• To expose the faults of materialism.
• To offer guidance in the Vedic techniques of spiritual life.
• To preserve and spread the Vedic culture.
• To celebrate the chanting of the holy names of God as taught by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
• To help every living being remember and serve Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead.