Events At Every Iskcon Center
Inauguration of the Centennial Year
World Holy Name Day
ISKCON's Incorporation Day
August 4-September 9
Book Distribution Marathon
Srila Prabhupada's Maha Vyasa-Puja (Appearance Day Celebrations)
Grand Finale of the Srila Prabhupada Centennial Book Distribution Marathon
Srila Prabhupada Centennial Awards Ceremonies
December 23, '95-March 24, '97
The traveling Hare Krishna Utsava (festival), complete with Deities, stage programs, animatronic shows, Krishna Vision shows, and 18 pavillions with displays. Visits 32 cities in 14 months.
February 19-March 17, '96
Devotees from all over the world gather in India for the Hare Krishna World Convention, a four week festival in Mayapur, Calcutta, Delhi and Vrindavan.
September 6, '96
Srila Prabhupadas Maha Vyasa-puja is celebrated in a grand way in Calcutta, his birth city. VIPs and devotees from around the world gather at the Netaji Subhas Chandra indoor stadium for the Sahasra Tirtha Jala Abhiseka bathing Srila Prabhupada's deity with 1,008 sacred waters.
November 16-November 21, '96
The Glory of India Festival opening of temple complexes in Delhi and Bangalore.
January 6-January 12, '97
The Bhaktivedanta Institute's Second World Congress for the Synthesis of Science and Religion, in Calcutta. Participants include 3,000 scientists, philosophers, religious leaders, and eminent thinkers from the world over.
Gathering in Mayapur for the Prabhupada Centennial Global Awards Ceremony and for establishing a Centennial Memorial.
Sacred Water Collection Completed
After eleven months of intense travels and treks all over the Indian subcontinent, devotees have completed the task of collecting water from 1008 holy sites. Other Centennial workers are now processing and bottling the waters to prepare them for shipping all over the world beginning in March. The waters will be used to bathe Srila Prabhupada on September 6, 1996, the one-hundredth anniversary of his appearance.
Centennial Kickoff In Bombay
ISKCON India inaugurated its Centennial celebrations in Bombay on December 23. The highlight of the inauguration was the launch of the 14-month traveling Hare Krishna Utsava (festival). The Bombay festival is drawing large crowds daily. The festival will stay in Bombay for one month and then move on to visit 32 cities in India during the Centennial year. To join the Hare Krishna Utsava, contact Pancaratna Dasa at ISKCON Mayapur.
Hare Krishna World Convention
Mayapur – Calcutta – Delhi – Vrindavana
February 19-March 17
Maha Reunion of Srila Prabhupada's Followers
• MAYAPUR: Feb. 19-Mar. 6, Reception of Padayatra India / Installation of Sri Panca Tattva / Navadvipa Mandala Parikrama / Grand Opening of Srila Prabhupada's Samadhi / World Expo and Memorabilia Exhibition / Seminars / Hare Krishna Utsava stage programs and animatronic shows / Prabhupada Multi-Vision shows.
• CALCUTTA: Mar. 7, 100 Country Procession.
• DELHI: Mar. 8-Mar. 9, 100 Country Procession, evening auditorium program.
• VRINDAVANA: Mar. 11-Mar. 17, Pandal Program in Mathura / Maha Harinama in Vrindavan / Parikramas / Seminars / Srila Prabhupada Bullock Cart Govardhana Parikrama / Boat Festival in Kusum Sarovar.
• AND … Special train journey from Calcutta to Delhi by the Prabhupada Shatabdi Express Departure on Mar. 7, Full Prasadam Service, Prasadam Distribution, Maha Harinama in Allahabad and Bathing at the Triveni Sangam, Grand Reception in Delhi.
Memories of Prabhupada
The Remembering Srila Prabhupada Nectar Project is compiling devotees' remembrances. Tape or write detailed descriptions of your memories of Srila Prabhupada's particular incidents with him, special instructions you received from him, and what especially impressed you in your dealings with him. Send them to Aditi Dasi, c/o Centennial, P.O. Box 1987, Alachua, FL 32615, USA. Phone: 1-800-205-6108.
Database of Devotees
One of the petals of the "lotus" of Centennial activities is Uniting Prabhupada's Family. In pursuit of that goal, the Centennial organizers are compiling a database of all devotees who have been initiated in ISKCON. Send (to the address below) the following information about yourself and any devotee you know who is living outside the association of devotees:
1. Initiated name
2. Legal name
3. Mailing address
4. Phone number
5. Spiritual master's name
6. Spouse's name
7. Children's names
To: Ramiya Dasa, P.O. Box 1987, Alachua, FL 32615, USA. (The database will be used for Uniting Prabhupada's Family only.)
Bhaktivedanta Centennial Reading Program
Honor Srila Prabhupada by making a commitment to increase your reading of his books this year. You can take part in the Centennial Reading Program even if you can read only fifteen minutes a day. You'll receive a certificate awarding you for the books you complete. For more information, in North America call 1-800-205-6108. Elsewhere, get in touch with your national Centennial office or your nearest ISKCON center.
• Centennial video
• Centennial T-shirts, pens, stickers, badges, posters (including 12-petal lotus of activities), photo stands, shoulder bags
• Sahasra Tirtha Jala video, poster, and presentation folder
• Centennial Master Plan
• Memorials Manual
• Prabhupadanuga, The International Newsletter for Uniting Prabhupada's Family
• Prabhupada Toshani, The Newsletter of the Centennial
• Centennial brochure (color)
• Sahasra Tirtha Jala
• 108 Ways to Celebrate Srila Prabhupada Centennial
For more information concerning Publications and Promotional Items, contact your national Centennial office or the international Centennial office below:
62 Sant Nagar (near East of Kailash)
New Delhi 110065, India
Phone: +91 (11) 6469633/ 6225277
Fax: 6470742/ 6872378